A year of saying “Yes.” This year has been one of the most challenging and life altering years of my life.
A friend said to me the other day, Trina you have done more in the short time you have been here then most expats do living here for 25 years. He was referring to emerging myself in the Indonesian culture. I would have to admit I have said yes more than I have said no.
I have been invited…
*to attend weddings whether invited or uninvited.
* to become an audience member for the filming of a Japanese tea ceremony.
* to teach yoga to a group of senior citizens.
* to chaperone a group of kids on a bird watching tour.
* to film surgeries by a Javanese medicine man
* to hike an active volcano
* to demonstrate how to make latte art prior to the opening of a neighborhood coffe shop.
* to teach a group of Indonesian men how to play Slap Jack.
* to write a blog
*And to commit to telling my story by writing a book.
The common denominator between the 1st and the last invitation was the willingness to say”yes.”
It’s all been a part of my commitment this year to letting go of my fears.
Today is my birthday and I accepted an invitation to co-facilitate a two week detox program for Green Hill Holistic Healing Center in Cipanas, West Java, Indonesia.
Thank you Indonesia for inviting me into your home again and again and again.
I love you.